Saturday, July 25, 2009

0 CHBP: Wild Orchid Children

New discoveries like this is why I love festivals! I hurried over to the Vera Stage first thing on arrival to catch 15-20 minutes. WOC had been on my radar for awhile due to some pretty good reviews of their most recent local shows. It was an odd blend of classic rock type guitar licks, dub effects, hip-hop vocals (Some say Beastie Boys, I say something influenced by Zach De La Rocha), and plenty of percussion (At times 5 of 7 the members on stage were banging on some type of percussion instrument). I found myself at a loss of words on how to describe this band because they blended so many different styles, what I can say is that is was a high energy kick in the face to jumpstart the second day, complete with one awesome mustache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

SRG | NW Rock and Metal Blog Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates