Friday, October 29, 2010

0 SHOW PREVIEW: Lesbian (CD Release) with Brothers of the Sonic Cloth and Diminished Men at Comet Tavern


When I moved back to Seattle in '06 I'd begun to hear mentions of a Seattle metal band known as Lesbian. The recommendations were coming from friends whose musical palate I respected so when I had the chance to see them take the stage at the Sunset Tavern I made the trip out to Ballard to check the band out. Lesbian put on a great show, engaging the crowd and playing some masterful doom with sludgier inspired riffs. I tend to like my metal at about 3x the speed of what Lesbian were playing but the band was on top of their game even back then.


Fast forward a few years and Lesbian are set to release their sophomore record "Stratospheria Cubensis" and playing an album release show tonight at the Comet Tavern with Brothers of the Sonic Cloth (another Seattle doom fixture featuring former TAD vocalist Tad Doyle) and Diminished Men. The show starts at 9pm, $8 and 21+.


You can stream the entirety of "Stratospheria Cubensis" by clicking here.

Words by Roy Culver

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

SRG | NW Rock and Metal Blog Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates