Friday, October 8, 2010

0 Smooth Sailing at the Funhouse, September 29th, 2010 (Video Bootleg)


Now I can honestly say Smooth Sailing is one of my top two favorite Seattle bands. Ever since catching them initially back in August at Galway Arms (review HERE) I had been reluctant to make this assessment. Mainly, I’m a firm believer in the old saying of “if it seems too good to be true, it probably is”. I wasn’t sure I if it had been the flashy light show that hypnotized me and had me grinning from ear to ear like a kid at a carnival or what. Thankfully the matter was put to rest last Wednesday when I was lucky enough to catch them again, this time at the Funhouse.

Smooth Sailing were first up for the evening…..no I’m not joking, they really went on first, its okay I laughed too. For the entire half hour they played, I was floored. All I could think about was “damn, this is awesome, keep shooting video I’m going to want to watch this over and over and over again”. So, that’s just what I did. Below is the entire 8 song set. While you’re watching I’m sure you’ll find yourself asking a couple questions:

Question: When can I see this amazing Seattle band live?

Answer: This upcoming Saturday during Reverb Fest at the 2 Bit. They’re scheduled to go on at midnight.

Question:  All they have is a 4 track demo? When will they be releasing more material? I NEED MORE!!!

Answer: The band hopes to start recording a new full length very soon. Their goal is to go on tour in April, and have the tour kick off show be an album release show as well.


Now, I know they look awesome on video and I’m sure by the time you get done watching all the videos you’ll have a completely different outlook on what a “great band” looks and sounds like, but don’t be fooled. Watching this band on a computer screen is no substitute for taking in one of their blistering shows. Missing their set this Saturday is not an option, whatever else you got going on in your life needs to be put on hold for at least the 30-40 minutes they’ll be playing at the Bit Saloon.

Set List:

1. Intro *
2. Galloping Gurdy
3. Rectum? Damn near Killed um! *
4. Sunday Morning Margaritas
5. Ironing Out the Kinky Boys
6. The Solo From Freebird
7. Red Panther *
8. H.R. Truman's Last Ride *

* Unreleased


Here are 8 reasons not to miss Smooth Sailing at Reverb Fest this Saturday October 9th, midnight at the 2 Bit Saloon

















Words, Photo, Videos by Palmer Sather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

SRG | NW Rock and Metal Blog Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates