Saturday, November 6, 2010

0 LET ME PLAY YOUR PAR-TAY!!

DJ SRG at Metalween | Photo by Erinn J. Hale

WARNING! This post contains a shameless, self-indulgent plug. Bite me!

So METALWEEN was a smashing success as far as I’m concerned. All the bands were great, the costumes were great, a good sized crowd was on hand throughout, and I spun the shit out of some killer metal vinyl all night long.

That night really put in perspective some things I've been thinking about for a very long time.

1. I want to DJ as much as possible
2. I would love to do an internet radio show (more on this soon)

There is nothing I love more than playing music for people and spreading the good word, and I really have no idea why I haven’t pursued more DJ gigs in the past. Well, shit’s done changed because I have a new goal-- spin records somewhere in Seattle at least once a month.

I'm already off and running and here are some dates I have lined up so far:

Saturday November 20th at Mars Bar (Eastlake): Private Event

Saturday December 18th at 2 Bit Saloon (Ballard): This will be a typical SRG set filled to the brim with the best in metal, punk rock, and noisy ass shit.
If you are looking for a knowledgeable music fella to provide a kick ass vinyl soundtrack for your bar, venue, party, or whatever then look no further. Email me HERE.

Taking a cue from the mighty, mighty Spits!

Let me play your par-tay!


Here’s a taste of my set from METALWEEN:

The Haunted - 99 (Revolver)
The Sword - Iron Swan (Age of Winters)
Celtic Frost - Inner Sanctum (Into the Pandemonium)
Exodus - And Then There Were None (Bonded by Blood)
Metal Church - Beyond the Black (Metal Church)
Mercyful Fate - Curse of the Pharoahs (Melissa)
Danzig - Twist of Cain (Danzig)
Venom - Live Like an Angel (Die Like a Devil) (Welcome to Hell)
Kreator - Coma of Souls (Coma of Souls)
Voivod - Tribal Convictions (Dimension Hatross)
Testament - Practice What You Preach (Practice What You Preach)
Napalm Death - Twist the Knife (Slowly) (Fear, Emptiness, & Dispair)
Carcass - Heartwork (Hearwork)
Megadeth - Peace Sells... (Peace Sells...)
Metallica - Crash Course in Brain Surgery (Garage Days Re-Revisited)
Motorhead - Orgasmatron (Orgasmatron)
Judas Priest - The Hellion/Electric Eye (Screaming for Vengeance)
At the Gates - Blinded By Fear (Slaughter of the Soul)
Christian Mistress - Desert Rose (Agony and Opium)
Goatsnake - El Coyote (Flower of Disease)
Red Fang - Prehistoric Dog (s/t)
Baroness - Bullhead's Psalm/The Sweetest Curse (Blue Record)
Himsa - Wolfchild (Hail Horror)
Grim Reaper - See You In Hell (See You In Hell)

Thanks to Erinn J. Hale for the awesome photo!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

SRG | NW Rock and Metal Blog Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates