Thursday, January 20, 2011

0 NEW MUSIC: Stream Constant Lovers' Debut Record NOW!

Constant Lovers at Neumos | Photo by Nik Christofferson

 It seems like ages ago that I was pining for any Constant Lovers recording I could get my hands. I saw the band a few times in 2009 and 2010 and each time left the shows bummed that they didn't even have a shitty burnt demo for sale. The only thing I ever got was a lone track from a friend who had interviewed the band in their infancy, which is probably more than a lot of people. Well, time passed, the band continued to play shows save merch for sale, and sadly I went on living my life without any substantial recordings of Constant Lovers.

Finally without much warning the Constant Lovers debut, albeit an unmastered version, is now available to stream on their website, with the promise of proper release being issued sometime later in the year. I've been playing this thing often and damn is it a gloriously noisy piece of work. The record, still unamed, is chalk full of ferocious drumming which seems to be the driving force behind the bands unique sound, while the sometimes angular feedback-laden guitar licks, groovy basslines, and throat bleeding screams of Joel Cuplin act as a mere highlight to the manic percussion. I might be smokin' crack but my gut says their sound lies somewhere between the sonic precision of Fugazi combined with noise rock expertise of The Austerity Program.

STREAM HERE

Check it out, it is the strongest local record I've heard so far in 2011 and I'll bet one the best local records we hear all year.

Words by Nik Christofferson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

SRG | NW Rock and Metal Blog Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates