Monday, March 21, 2011

0 Kinski Working on New Record With Randall Dunn


Kinski have spent time in the studio recently doing some prep on their follow up to 2007's "Down Below It's Chaos". They are once again working with choice local producer Randall Dunn, who worked on both of Kinski's last two records. The band has been playing unreleased material live for awhile now, but according to drummer Barrett Wilke, the preliminary sessions have already brought up ideas of the band resurrecting a couple songs and possibly dumping a couple they thought would be recorded. In any effect, it sounds like good news for Kinski fans.

Kinski played last week at the Vera Project opening for Marnie Stern and Tera Melos with Dog Shredder also on the bill. This was the first time I have stepped foot into the Seattle Center location, and it was an interesting experience to say the least. The all-ages venue is a spacious room with decent sound, but no booze and a crowd made up of predominantly skinny jean wearing teenagers means seeing a show there is like venturing into a high school auditorium for a pep assembly, and there is absoluetly no hope for a 30 year old with a full beard to blend in. I'm not saying one must have alcohol to enjoy live music, and good bands are good bands of course, but seeing Kinski and Dog Shredder in such a sterlile environment on a brightly lit stage is not how I want to experience two of my favorite local bands. I might eat my words but Shellac will have to come back and play the Vera for me to venture back there. Don't get me wrong I think the Vera is an amazing accomplishment and an intregal part of the Seattle music community, it just doesn't work for me.

Here is Kinski dropping one of their unreleased jams at the Vera last Tuesday:


Posted by Nik Christofferson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

SRG | NW Rock and Metal Blog Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates