Thursday, July 14, 2011

0 NEW MUSIC: Monogamy Party's Tour CD


Sure Seattle noise rock trio Monogamy Party are known for their explosive and unpredictable live performances, but I've often wondered to myself how all that balls-out swagger would come across on a studio recording. I mean it took incredible Minneapolis band The Blind Shake 2 records and few EPs before they finally nailed their live brilliance on their latest release "Seriousness". Pick it up HERE!

Bassist/vocalist Yos-wa Grimgold sent me over a link to their recent tour ep and it was immediately clear that Monogamy Party have come out swinging for the fences. Let's just say they nailed it -- the energy of their live set fueled by frontman Kennedy Carda is totally their and because of the killer production so are the lyrical details, the intricate basswork and impressive drumming of Keith Tucker. I'm really impressed with these songs and I can't wait for their self-released debut EP to come out on wax sometime before the end of the year. Here's a listen,  let me know what you think.


Posted by Nik Christofferson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

SRG | NW Rock and Metal Blog Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates