Wednesday, December 26, 2012

0 Doug Lorig's (Bitches Crystal / Caligula) Top Shows and Albums of 2012

Top 5 shows:

Sleep @ Neumos
One of my favorite bands of all time. It doesn't get much heavier than these guys. Really hope they keep it going.

Red Fang, Sandrider and Serial Hawk @ The Highline
I don't know how I've never made it out to a Red Fang show. This was my first and I wasn't disappointed. Sandrider and Serial Hawk tore that shit up too.

Anthrax, Testament and Death Angel @ Showbox at the Marker
I saw Anthrax open up for Iron Maiden in 1991 at the Mercer Arena. They blew Iron Maiden off the stage. I didn't know that it would be another 20+ years before I would see them again. They still bring it. Charlie Benante is such a good drummer. NIce to see a circle pit filled with old dudes

Codeine @ The Sunset Tavern
Never thought I would get to see these guys live. My only regret was having earplugs in for the first couple of songs. They sounded awesome after pulling them out.

Akimbo's last show @ The Comet
PB & J sandwiches and stage diving! What else needs to be said.

Top 5 albums:

Black Breath - Sentenced to Life
They have a formula that works. Second album sounds the same as the first. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis
I wasn't as down on "Snakes for the Divine" as a lot of people were. I like all their albums.This one keeps the streak going. The production is awesome!

Howlin' Rain - The Russian Wilds
Kind of a guilty pleasure. I'm a big Comets on Fire fan. So I'm kind of a sucker for Ethan Miller's voice and guitar playing. This album is kind of all over the map style wise but if you hang in there, it's very rewarding.

Sandrider - S/T
What can you say? Every song is good. Such a great record to crank in the car. Good job guys!

Unsane - Wreck
A great follow up to "Visqueen" which is probably my favorite record of theirs. Glad to see they are still carrying on.

Dishonorable Mention: Soundgarden - King Animal
Kim, how did you let this happen?

Caligula's next show is Friday at Chop Suey with Old Iron and Dog Shredder. Bitches Crystal just played a killer show at the Black Lodge with Ox, Princess, and Serial Hawk. Looking forward to recordings from both projects in 2013. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

SRG | NW Rock and Metal Blog Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates