Everett, WA's favorite sons once again gained another 1000+ fans. I don't think the Moondoggies can do anything wrong at this point in their early career. Every time they play "Changing" or "Black Shoe" they seem to gain fans by the boat load, not to mention start large sing-a-longs. I remember an awesome moment when they played the small stage at Sasquatch 2008 and the smallish crowd turned into a largish dance party after the first couple songs, people were running to see who they were.
I think I've mentioned this before too but I was lucky enough to be at some of their first Seattle shows at the Blue Moon. Thanks to an old high school friend of mine who happens to be bassist Bobby Terreberry's sister. We always heard when their next show was going to be, even if they decided not post anything online. It only took me once to come back again and again, I think I saw 4 of those Blue Moon shows. They have written some really great folk rock tunes in vain of The Band and Neil Young, have been picked up by Sub Pop subsidiary Hardly Art, and are now selling out venues like the Crocodile. So if you are up for some fun times you have to see the Moondoggies live before they explode further.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment