Sunday, July 26, 2009

0 CHBP Recap!

Well it's finally over and man was it a blast! I was able to check out 25+ bands, help crowd surf David Yow of The Jesus Lizard, jump around the Mika Miko pit with Spencer Moody of The Murder City Devils, witness a very cool live interview with Lee, Thurston, and Kim of Sonic Youth at a secret stage area in the back of Cafe Vita, meet a few of my fellow music bloggers, chatted it up with some very humble musicians at the Cha Cha's makeshift and unofficial CHBP stage (lineup was very impressive all weekend), and even had a descent amount of time to hang with the rather large group of family and friends I influenced to show up.

It was very rewarding experiencing the sort of music obsession I feel on a daily basis from the other side of things, rubbing elbows with some of the people who write about music for a living, and run some of the areas most respected local music blogs. I didn't feel as much a concert goer this go around but a "music journalist" who was on a mission to take in as much as I could in order to have a complete overview of the amazing weekend to share with my readers. The funny thing is even if I hadn't have started this blog I would have done the exact same thing. I guess now I just have more work to do.

Throughout the week I will be adding to the already posted mini-segments for each band I was able to check out this weekend. I hooked up the mobile blogging and did some quick up to the minute posts for just about every band I saw. Please excuse the iPhone pics, but I thought it would be a cool experiement. Think I'm gonna try for a press pass next time though, because I can't compete with the amazing photos on other blogs. Also, look for a little bit of my writing showing up over at www.earcandybeat.com, as I was asked to help contribute some thoughts on a few of the bands for Seattle P-I and freelance music journalist Travis Hay's pet project.

Rock!

- SRG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

SRG | NW Rock and Metal Blog Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates