Monday, August 3, 2009

0 Killer Show(s) Alert!: Metal Mania

Today is was announced that one of the best metal bills I have seen in some time will grace the stage at the WaMu Theater Saturday October 3rd. A split headlining bill including Mastodon and cartoon band Dethklok with support from metalcore legends Converge and the almighty High on Fire will role into Seattle, burn it down, and then head off somewhere else to cause similar damage. This line up includes 3 of my all time favorite metal bands and one questionable headliner. I have to say that I have never gotten into the Cartoon Network's Metalocalypse show or really heard much of the shows cartoon metal band turned real live bands music. I do know that they have a pretty loyal following of mainstream metal and cartoon fans, which scares me slightly. So sorry to anyone that reads this and is offended. The rest of the lineup is nothing less than spectacular! Whoever put these bands together is a genius or I just have really good metal karma. Both High on Fire and Converge will supposedly have new records coming out this year or by early 2010, and of course Mastodon is forever crossing the globe in support of their masterpiece "Crack the Skye".

Tickets go on sale Friday August 7th to the public, and supposedly there is a pre-sale that happens tomorrow but I have yet to track down the pre-sale code, when I do I'll post immediately. Presale begins today! Here is the info needed to secure your tickets to this massive show!

Metalocalypse: Dethklok & Mastodon presale password code
WaMu Theater Seattle, WA
Sat, Oct 3, 2009 06:30 PM
password=mastoklok

Get Tickets!


High on Fire's "Rumors of War":



Wait there's more, another killer metal show has crossed my radar happening Monday October 5th at Chop Suey, or two days later. This features killer sludge bands Kylesa, Bison BC, and the band I'm determined to see though my opportunities have been thwarted thus far Portland's Red Fang. This is also an extremely stellar pairing of young hungry metal bands. Kylesa even made my top twenty albums of the year so far! Tickets have not quite gone on sale yet, and Chop Suey's site isn't even listing the show yet, but Kylesa's website shows it loud and clear. I'll update my info when things get figured out.

Red Fang's "Prehistoric Dog":



Even though I love and write about bands such The Cave Singers, Band of Horses, Fleet Foxes, My Morning Jacket, Bon Iver etc, my forte is always heavy music and especially the stoner, doom, sludge, psychedelic genres of metal. These shows are right in my wheel house, as is the Down and Melvins show next week. Heavy Rock!


- SRG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

SRG | NW Rock and Metal Blog Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates