
Sorry more concert announcements here, sometimes I feel that’s all I write about but the steady stream of amazing shows that flood into town is why I live in this town, and why I’ll never leave unless I get a well paying job offer to move to NYC, but that’s neither here nor there.
It was also announced today that a couple rock icons are coming to town again. The first is The Who’s Roger Daltrey, who is playing a solo gig at the Showbox Sodo Monday October 12th. Daltrey has decided since The Who is taking a break from touring that he would go it alone. His setlist supposedly will consist of lots of Who classics, material from his solo records and some covers. The tour has been deemed the “Use It or Lose It” Tour, because the reasoning behind the tour was for Daltrey to not let his legendary pipes rust during The Who’s down time. Tickets go on sale Saturday August 8th at 10am for $37.50, and a presale will happen the Thursday before.

Another legend who will again grace us with his presence in October is Bob Dylan. He is bringing “The Bob Dylan Show” to the WaMu Theater Monday October 5th. I saw his last Seattle show at the Key Arena in 2007, and it was spectacular. Say what you will about his voice, the man can put on a show and the amazing group of musicians that he surrounds himself with make up for anytime he shows his age, which is 68 by the way. This tour is in support of his 2009 release “Together Through Life” which has been met with all kinds of critical acclaim, and has been on heavy rotation in my life since its release. Each one of his shows are different, and he rarely does a greatest hits type show. What I heard from loyal fans at the 2007 show is that he changes up songs on a whim, and even reworks classics mid-concert just to make it different, it’s up to his band to follow the leader. Tickets go on sale Monday August 10th at 10am. This will surely be a memorable show and for a modest $50 well worth the price of admission to see this American icon.
-SRG



lol! what about the pixies in nov! doolittle in its entirety. i'm so excited!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome, I'm just offended by the ticket price! $55? I suppose I just paid $70 x2 for PJ tix though! Thanks Beef
ReplyDelete