Wednesday, July 1, 2009

0 Killer Show Alert: Meat Puppets and Dead Confederate!!




It has just come to my attention that Arizona alt-rock legends the Meat Puppets along with Georgia natives Dead Confederate will be rocking the Chop Suey Wednesday September 23rd. The Meat Puppets released a new album this year called "Sewn Together" which I have yet to sit down with but their 1984 album "Meat Puppets II" and for me 1994's "To High To Die" rank as classic alternative rock records. Not familiar with the Meat Puppets? Just listen to Nirvana's MTV Unplugged again, the songs "Lake of Fire", "Oh Me", and "Plateau" are Meat Puppet covers.




I'm equally excited about Dead Confederate, who have established themselves as probably one of the most promising alt-rock bands around. I was drawn to these guys immediately because they sound like they might have formed alongside Nirvana and Screaming Trees back in nineties instead of 2006. In my mind on record singer Hardy Morris has a very Kurdt-esque delivery, which mixes perfectly with their sometimes dark guitar driven sound. Their first full legnth "Wrecking Ball" was one of my favorite records of last year! I missed them at Sasquatch and at Chop Suey in 2008, but not this time. You can catch them twice in a month here in Seattle. They are scheduled to play Bumbershoot on Monday Sept. 7th and also the Chop Suey show September 23rd. I got mine, see you there!!



9.23 Wednesday Chop Suey Presents
MEAT PUPPETS
DEAD CONFEDERATE
& Special Guests
$15adv/$17dos/ 8pm doors/ 21+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

SRG | NW Rock and Metal Blog Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates