Monday, September 20, 2010

0 LIVE REVIEW: The Gories @ MusicFestNW (Video)


Never did I dream that The mighty Gories would reform and I would be able to witness their brilliance. Ever since I scored a copy I Know You Be Houserockin', addiction set in. The Gories have been on rotation ever since. Mick Collins rocks in The Screws and The Dirtbombs, but nothing can substitute for The Gories.

Things looked to derail quickly down at Dante's in Portland for MusicFestNW. Like a moron, I bounced during one of the earlier bands and when we returned, a line had formed that stretched down the street.

AYE!

NOTE: Yes, it was moronic to leave, but if I had stayed the brilliance of Ninja Metal would have been missed and that would have been a shame.

Being a scoundrel, I tried to just roll in, but the security guard did not play. Somehow, Nik and Todd got in, leaving Matt and myself outside. We stood until Nik came back out.

"What are you guys waiting for?"

Good question, so we followed him back in without any hassle to witness the bad ass set of The Gories. If you get the chance to see these guys, do not hesitate.

The Gories:


Ninja Metal:


Words, Video (The Gories) by Jerry Howard
Video (Ninja Metal) by Todd Keuser

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

SRG | NW Rock and Metal Blog Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates