Friday, December 30, 2011

0 LIST MANIA: Aaron Yost of Grenades


I have no idea why, but I didn't go to that many shows this year (which I assure you, will be remedied in 2012). So here's the albums I liked, in no particular order:

Junius - Reports From The Treshold Of Death

So warm, velvety and heavy as fuck. Like an opium suppository. I hate the overuse of the word "epic," but it fits the bill for this one.

Wu-Tang Clan - Legendary Weapons

It's the fuckin' WU, and it's the best thing since 36 Chambers.

Decapitated - Carnival Is Forever

I fucking love guitar playing that makes me want to stop playing guitar.

Young Widows - In And Out Of Youth And Lightness

At first, I thought "Where are all the dick kicking riffs? This is just mellow and spooky." Then I remembered I like mellow and spooky.

Trap Them - Darker Handcraft

This record has all the dick kicking riffs I could shake a stick at. The drummer sounds like a ninja would if he played drums.

Talib Kweli - Gutter Rainbows

Not as good as Reflection Eternal, but he's still better than every single "rapper" that makes more money than him.

Helms Alee - Weatherhead

When the heaviness drops in "Pretty As Pie," my beer went with it. My neighbors hate that riff.

Animals As Leaders - Weightless

How the HELL does he do that stuff on guitar?

Hate Eternal - Phoenix Amongst The Ashes

Because I like death metal, and these dudes do it really well. Erik Rutan sounds like he's gargling hot asphalt.

Sandrider - S/T

I know, it's on everybody's list. Because it's so good it makes me want to run into my wall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

SRG | NW Rock and Metal Blog Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates