Saturday, July 25, 2009

0 CHBP: Akimbo

This had to be at least the 10th time I had seen Akimbo take paints of the walls. They were a much needed punch in the gut Saturday. They have really improved over the years, and have gained much respect for their stage presence not to mention their heavy brand of stoner-core. I think it was bringing on guitarist Aaron Walters that sealed the deal (I love his always shined shoes). The trio of Nat Damm on Drums, Jon Weisnewski on vocals and bass, and Walters on guitar as risen these guys out of the mediocre ranks into headliner status. All that hair flying around, the thunderous bottom end, and the extreme volumes as which they played made for an exciting mid-day break from the monotony. The crowd definitely was into it and like me was probably glad to take a break from the pop and folk rock for an hour. Akimbo rules!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

SRG | NW Rock and Metal Blog Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates