Saturday, July 25, 2009

0 CHBP: Moonrats

Before I read up on them a little, I wasn't familiar with Moonrats prior to their performance in the Cha Cha on Saturday. All I knew was that they were a band that Nathan Thelen formed with keyboardist Aska Matsumiya and Drummer Jason Echeverria after leaving Pretty Girls Make Graves in 2004. Quick side observation: it was another weekend filled with post-Blood Brothers and post-PGMG bands, including Past Lives who are three formers members of The Blood Brothers. (Unfortunately I spaced on their set, but it's OK I'd seen them twice before) I enjoyed the Moonrats atmospheric post-rock perched up on one of the tall booths above the Cha Cha crowd, Aska was enthusiast as she hoped around shaking a maraca. Past Lives drummer Mark Gajadhar was also spotted watching the action. They seem to get compared to Blonde Redhead, so if your are fan of BR they may be worth checking out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

SRG | NW Rock and Metal Blog Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates