Saturday, July 25, 2009

1 CHBP: Sonic Youth Interview

By far one of the highlights of the entire block party. KEXP and the Seattle Times had set up a intimate performance area in the bean room of Cafe Vita. During the festival some of the bands including Hey Marseilles, The Maldives, Kevin from the Moondoggies all played short sets for smallish crowds of people who were in the know. It wasn't a secret stage but a lack of advertisement kept crowds to a minimum. I found out about the stage a little late to catch Friday's action, but was pumped for Saturday's scheduled interview with Sonic Youth. It was a very cool experience being 20 feet away from Thurston, Kim, and Lee. They were a witty bunch, and I thought it was hilarious when Kim said something along the lines that "I think blogs are for people who are neurotic about having to know everything about everything....", when asked about if they read music blogs. I suppose she may be right? Even though it was short, it'll be something I'll always remember about this years block party. Here's the video that was posted on You Tube by Seattle Times music blogger and interviewer Andrew Matson. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

  1. That was the highlight of the weekend for me!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

SRG | NW Rock and Metal Blog Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates